Wednesday, November 19, 2014

PICTURES MORE THAN WORDS

Since Sunday, Ray and I have busied ourselves to the point that I can never remember what we really did even just yesterday.  This is why I love blogging.  This is also why I take a lot of pictures.  I have always kept a journal, and I have always had many photo albums and scrapbooks.  It is always so good to be able to refer back to my journal.  The pictures below will simply show how we kept ourselves busy this final week before we excitedly head back to Virginia!  As the day approaches, I find myself impatient of the waiting--I remember my daughter driving away from the hotel the last night we had in Virginia, and now I just can't wait to see her standing by at the airport!

The pictures below are what I saw these past few days starting with me finally getting to sit my behind on a wonderful beach chair on Coronado Beach!
A guy with a motor on his back flying.
Rowing.
Not so great gymnastics.







Sandy beach.

Well cared for beautiful dog.  The beaches are so wide during low tide!

Beautiful shades of blue in the afternoon sun.






Soda is expensive here.  And, yes, it is wrong to drink soda especially diet soda.  But 2 for .45!  Cannot be beat!  Anything "Buy one, Get one Free" is simply wrapped together like these sodas.
Gingerbread making and baking for Finca La Maya Christmas party.




The dental cleaning I had for $34.  A fantastic experience.  I have never had a dentist clean my teeth.


Lunch at Beirut restaurant in Playa Blanca.



Beirut restaurant (excellent)
The 7 acre pool


Grounds not so nicely cared for at this posh resort (with the large pool and condos in the background)
The beach at Playa Blanca


Free cappuccino at an appliance store.
Enjoying the free drink with friend, Thea.


Window washing while waiting at a traffic light.  He didn't really take "no need" for an answer.


Tomorrow and Friday appear the same as most days in retirement have been here in Panama.  Quiet.  That is until the day comes, and then the next thing we know, it is nighttime and we are wondering where our day disappeared to, and what tomorrow will bring us.  No complaints here!  But just like today, it started out with us going to the City to get our Cedula Cards.  That didn't happen even though we were told to show up this week.  "Monday, next week"  But then, the rest of the day simply filled itself up!

Soon, Ray and I will be spending time with our daughter and family/friends and, like in Panama, we won't really know what the day will bring us.  We do know we can count on  cooler temperatures (we won't be on a beach), we will be wearing jeans, sweaters and socks (oh my!), I will be drinking great Panamanian coffee, and we will continue loving life in this thing called retirement.  Only we will be loving life at home in Virginia.  And then the New Year will be upon us in Panama!

No comments:

Post a Comment